ANYONE HAVE LOADS AVAILABLE FOR A 30 FT GOOSENECK?
Posted Thu, Nov 19 2009 05:22 AM CST
JOHN CESAR
Posts: 1

I am starting small guys, and definately dont want to step on toes. I have a 1 ton dually, with 30ft gooseneck stock trailer.  I would like to put it to work.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks alot.

 

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Sat, Nov 21 2009 09:33 AM CST
MIKE CHALUPA
Posts: 18

 

U ship has loads for goose necks for horses and cattle and what ever else that will fit good luck

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Sun, Nov 22 2009 06:24 AM CST
ANDREW JAMES
Posts: 1

Give the guy a break, I run a 32 foot goose neck and not once have I taken a load from a commercial truck, commercial trucks carry more head and weight.  Running a goose neck is specialty hauling.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Sun, Nov 22 2009 08:27 AM CST
KEVIN SMITH
Posts: 37

are you going to be one of those goose neck pickup combos you see fueling late at night at the remote cardloc at the wrong pump???Also what kind of tags and insurance are you going to be running with???Authority????.Without knowing these answers it would seem you are stepping on all COMMERCIAL TRUCKS toes.How are you going to price your services so you will be able to pay for the maintnenace on this combo???1 ton diesel pickups depricate at a rapid rate and the cost of repairs equal that of a big truck.trucks that are in the 2 ton range arent any different .In this area the dealers are way selective who they sell a heavy spec (2 ton or under) vehicle to due to the miles they rack up and the fact they allways get turned back to the finance company when the first out of warranty repair happens. 

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Nov 23 2009 06:58 AM CST
BOBBY VALDEZ
Posts: 4

I am all for a guy who wants to work and try to make a buck. You wont be taking any work from trucks. There is a lot of cattle coming out of the sales that will fit in a gooseneck. Dont get discouraged by what you hear. Go after it. Remember its equal opportunity.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Nov 23 2009 10:01 AM CST
MICHAEL FRITZ
Posts: 26
I agree with last post, we run gooseneck and big trucks. There's deffinatly a niche we have found for the big gooseneck as buyers sometimes don't buy full loads or have u pickin up or dropin were u wouldn't want to take your big truck or no shoot to unload. Its all about who u know and good service, that's key to success no mater what your setup! REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:02 PM CST
KEVIN SMITH
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by: ANDREW JAMES
Quote: "Give the guy a break, I run a 32 foot goose neck and not once have I taken a load from a commercial truck, commercial trucks carry more head and weight.  Running a goose neck is specialty hauling."

DUHHH--------none of the other questions were even touched I see,in states where that the rules are enforced for these goosenecks the trailer manufacutrers sure sell a lot of divide gates in new trailers(wilson,merritt,eby)to take advantage of being able to haul multiple groups of cattle.every time one of these underbraked,undertagged,underinsured pickups hauls a load every commercial truck takes it in the shorts.a unit no matter what the gvw is must play by the same rules to work commercially or for hire.I see rates posted by these guys on craigslist and the other site mentioned and just laugh at how they are fooling themselves,thats why you see groups of ten or so of these people with this same mentality doing pasture moves--THEY WORK CHEAPER----------I never called working for nothing a specialty

 

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Nov 24 2009 01:34 AM CST
SEAN N
Posts: 20

Why does everyone assume he is not going to operate legally?  Just because he wants to use a pick up and gooseneck doesn't mean he has no intention of getting commercial insurance.  If the tagged weight (gvw) of his truck and trailer does not exceed 26k in combination, then he does not need weighted plates.  He just has to be willing to not exceed 26k with the truck, trailer, load combined.  I don't see how he would be taking work from big trucks if he is providing a service for someone who does not need a big truck.  Saying this is to say that all the duallys hauling wedge trailers down the road with 3 cars on them are somehow taking away from the guys who haul 8,9, or 10.  Maybe that is a bad example, but it seems relevant to me.  Same goes for duallys with 40ft mini floats vs a full size truck with a step deck or flat bed.  This guy just wants to move cattle this way.  I'd say go for it if you can make money, and you have the ability to service some good paying customers.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Nov 24 2009 11:22 PM CST
BOBBY CRAWFORD
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by: SEAN N
Quote: "Why does everyone assume he is not going to operate legally?  Just because he wants to use a pick up and gooseneck doesn't mean he has no intention of getting commercial insurance.  If the tagged weight (gvw) of his truck and trailer does not exceed 26k in combination, then he does not need weighted plates.  He just has to be willing to not exceed 26k with the truck, trailer, load combined.  I don't see how he would be taking work from big trucks if he is providing a service for someone who does not need a big truck.  Saying this is to say that all the duallys hauling wedge trailers down the road with 3 cars on them are somehow taking away from the guys who haul 8,9, or 10.  Maybe that is a bad example, but it seems relevant to me.  Same goes for duallys with 40ft mini floats vs a full size truck with a step deck or flat bed.  This guy just wants to move cattle this way.  I'd say go for it if you can make money, and you have the ability to service some good paying customers."

whoes business is it if he is legal or not you either run legal or you pay the fines a guy has the right to make living .

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Fri, Nov 27 2009 06:54 AM CST
MIKE & LORETTA MACFEE
Posts: 3

It is mighty tuff to make a decent living right now, no matter what you are doing..  I believe that may be evident in the attitudes.  Best of luck to ya gooseneck.  A gooseneck aint't gonna take no work from a Cattle pot unless it is out of sale barn on short runs, give the guy a break,  He was asking for help and you bit his head off. Shame on you!!!

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Dec 01 2009 01:08 AM CST
KEVIN SMITH
Posts: 37

the remarks on this forum just leave me shaking my head---------------maybe I need to realize that the forum is made of people that are unwilling to change their mode of operation ,on this matter as well as  the matter of regulating the brokers in this industry-----------------what I find even odder is the fact that I asked questions of the legality of this operation-----------these havent been answered!!!!!!! as far as it being my business it is everyones business that is truly COMMERCIALLY TAGGED AND INSURED. ------------------------------------all of you live and let live liberals just wait until csa 2010 and se what your views are from there

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Dec 01 2009 06:41 AM CST
TYLER DICKINSON
Posts: 6

Look at your sales barns. There is always people needing cattle hauled from sales. I have a guy that works for me that all he does is hauls from sale barns. we use a 30ft gooseneck. If that can't handle it i take the bull rack and haul. I started hauling with a 24ft gooseneck and now i have a 30ft gooseneck and a 53ft bull rack and getting ready to buy to more petes and trailers. I'm only 23 and i'm glad i started small and got bigger. I don't care what people say about taking business away from the big trucks. alot of truckers give my driver shit untill they see the big truck hauling to. I wouldn't let anyone get to you.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Wed, Dec 02 2009 08:36 AM CST
BOBBY CRAWFORD
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by: KEVIN SMITH
Quote: "the remarks on this forum just leave me shaking my head---------------maybe I need to realize that the forum is made of people that are unwilling to change their mode of operation ,on this matter as well as  the matter of regulating the brokers in this industry-----------------what I find even odder is the fact that I asked questions of the legality of this operation-----------these havent been answered!!!!!!! as far as it being my business it is everyones business that is truly COMMERCIALLY TAGGED AND INSURED. ------------------------------------all of you live and let live liberals just wait until csa 2010 and se what your views are from there"

Sounds to me like your one of those guys who cant run your own business but try to run every one elses!!!!

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Fri, Dec 04 2009 12:01 AM CST
KEVIN SMITH
Posts: 37

I can run my business just fine-------------------try a little harder for a cutting comment..but judging from your defense on this probably you cant or you are part of the family of gooseneckers running around pretending

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Dec 07 2009 02:53 AM CST
NATHAN KARR
Posts: 5

Thank you to everyone who gve me useful information and to everyone who understands what it is like to try and make it.  And to all the others like the one person said i was asking for a little information not to have someone judge me on what i do! Thanks again.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Dec 07 2009 03:40 AM CST
NATHAN KARR
Posts: 5

does anybody have the # to U SHIP or any other info.

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Dec 07 2009 04:04 AM CST
NATHAN KARR
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by: MICHAEL FRITZ
Quote: "I agree with last post, we run gooseneck and big trucks. There's deffinatly a niche we have found for the big gooseneck as buyers sometimes don't buy full loads or have u pickin up or dropin were u wouldn't want to take your big truck or no shoot to unload. Its all about who u know and good service, that's key to success no mater what your setup!"

i was wondering if you or anybody you might know that can us a 36'

work is slow right now and just trying to get some loads

i app. your time and hhelp thanks

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Dec 07 2009 08:08 AM CST
MICHAEL FRITZ
Posts: 26
Where u at 36 in tx? REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Mon, Dec 07 2009 11:02 PM CST
NATHAN KARR
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by: MICHAEL FRITZ
Quote: "Where u at 36 in tx?"

Iola

Right outside of Bryan

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
Posted Tue, Dec 08 2009 08:30 AM CST
MIKE CHALUPA
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by: NATHAN KARR
Quote: "does anybody have the # to U SHIP or any other info."

to get a hold of U ship go to their web site at U ship.com they have all kind of loads for goose necks moving horses and livestock around the county some loads of 2 horses pay more than a pot load of cattle they require that you have insurance and authority for what ever you haul that is about it good luck

REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE